Like anywhere else in America, many Greensboro residents want to own real estate – it is a lasting asset that has great yields over time. The problem, however, is finding the right real estate agent; with so many of them in the area, and with all advertising their services, how can one know that they are making the right decision? The truth is that finding the right agent to help you buy a property can make the difference between a good and a bad property and how much you spend on the transaction. If you are feeling overwhelmed by the number of Greensboro real estate agents out there, use the following tips to narrow down to one that can help you get a good deal.
• Good real estate agents are hardly ever found in offices. They are usually out there pounding the pavement seeing what properties are out there so that they can present their clients with as many options as possible. As a matter of fact, one of the best ways to meet real estate agents is to attend open houses.
• Get referrals of their most recent clients and find out what kind of experience they had. Ask them if they would use the same estate agent to help them snag their second property. Find out if they feel that they were treated properly and whether they felt that the deal went down fast enough and if they feel that they paid the right amount in fees.
• Find out how many property deals the agent has closed in the last 12 months. The larger the number the better the agent. That said, if the umber looks a little too big to be normal it could be that they use proxies to close deals for them – you don’t want this.
• Don’t work with an agent who seems too pushy. They can put you to take a deal despite the fact that it may not be the best. Some of them push deals on clients so that they can make their quotas. Find an agent who is willing to give you time to make the decisions that you feel are right for you.
• If an agent doesn’t have an online presence they are probably not the best for you. Being online allows them to access many more properties meaning that you have more to choose from. It also means that they are keeping up with technology – never a bad thing whatever field one is in.
• A busy agent is usually a good agent – they are in touch with buyers and sellers in Greensboro. That said, they may be so busy that they don’t have time for you. If that is the case you are better off looking for a different agent.
• Do they have knowledge in the field? Can they give you sound advice to help you make the best property investment? An agent who knows their job always has the best interest of his clients at heart.
If you use these tips to find a Greensboro real estate agent you will not go wrong.